The HVA website was re-written a few years ago to make sure all clubs have up-to-date information on all league and cup fixtures, as well as provide more general information about the clubs that play within the HVA and about the HVA itself. Many of the features of the website allow the clubs and teams to look after themselves.
Every club has a log in for the website, which is linked to the email address of the Fixtures Secretary or the main contact we have for the club. If you don't know the password, you can request a new one. If you don't know who will receive that email, then get in touch with us. The log in credentials can be shared across your club as required. It's a good idea to share them with your team captains so they can update their own match results. Once logged in you can:
View contact details
You can only see club and team contact details once you've logged in. You'll need those to organise fixtures.
Some other info is hidden unless you're logged in and this is noted on the website. E.g. the MVP Table.
Update your Club Roster
This really helps everybody, so please do this in advance. If players are not created in advance of their first match, they may get assigned the wrong team if you have a multi-team club. It also helps when entering match results.
- Visit your club page.
- Find the Club Roster section and then either
- Enter each player individually, or
- Use the batch update facility. More info on that is available once you click on it. This is the easiest option if you have lots of players.
You can continue to modify players until they have played their first game.
Download your Club Roster
Once you've uploaded your Club Roster you can also download it as a PDF and print it off. It's colour-coded, so will help prevent you falling foul of the player restriction rules. Date one of the columns on that and tick which players are playing (as well as marking the team captain and any liberos) so you can hand it straight to the scorer, which will help them fill in the roster on the scoresheet. Tell the scorer to write neatly to help the HVA!
Receive Match Notifications
The following match notifications will be sent automatically to the Club Fixtures secretary and relevant team manager:
- A 28 day reminder of a home match.
- A 21 day reminder of an away match.
- A post match reminder to update the match results.
Those first two notification may not get sent if the match date is set to within 21 or 28 days.
Update Match Results
Click on the link in the email notification or find the fixture on the website (click on the fixture number). Then:
- Click "Edit" at the top of the page.
- Select everybody who played in the match from the home and away rosters.
- Select the MVP for both teams from the dropdown list.
- Enter the score in the boxes provided.
- Upload a clear image of the scoresheet. We need to be able to read this!
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
- The fixture will be marked as a "Provisional Result" in orange.
You should be able to do all this from a mobile device but it might be a bit small. The HVA Competitions Secretary will periodically check any provisional results and mark them as confirmed.
Post news articles
It's a bit basic but you should manage. When you post news, an automatic email notification goes out to all clubs so they know about it. If you include an image, that's cool. If you share the link on Social Media that will work too.
Get in touch.